It's that time of year again and we know it well! With all the family gatherings and yummy food, also come the overstuffed tummies and extra pounds! I'm here to tell you, it doesn't have to be that way! You can make healthy Choices that will help you not just survive, but thrive through the Holidays.
Here are 5 tips to survive Thanksgiving:
1. Don't fast before the big meal. Rookie mistake number one! Showing up with a tummy rumbling like an earthquake ripping through the San Andreas Fault, is likely going to get you into trouble! You know what I'm talking about right? When you show up near starving and start packin in the good grub, it can take a long time for your brain to get message that your stomach is full. It's the old "It seemed like a good idea at the time," as you downed your third helping of aunt Sally's famous pumpkin pie! Do yourself a favor and feed yourself well throughout the day.
2. Exercise exercise exercise! Before you sit down to feast, go for a run, a bike, heck throw around some weights if you dare! Get your body moving and you will be more apt to make healthy choices when sitting down to feast.
3. Bring a healthy dish! If you aren't a part of the solution than you are a part of the problem, right? I always hear people complaining that they would love to eat healthy on Thanksgiving but everyone always makes terribly unhealthy dishes. Well then, it's up to you to save the day! Before you dismiss the idea of brining a healthy dish, keep in mind, eating healthy can be fun too! See some of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes below for some healthy inspiration!
4. Don't go back for seconds, thirds, and/or fourths! Make a commitment that you aren't leaving that dinner table with a belly ache and the extra pounds! It's ok to indulge a bit, but no need to pile that plate high and keep going back for more. Smaller portion sizes and no refills! Eat slowly and savor every bite, knowing that you won't be going back for more.
5. Commit to a post Thanksgiving cleanse. Committing yourself to a post Thanksgiving cleanse will help to ensure that you don't pack on the pounds or create bad habits. Too many times I find people throwing their hands up this time of year saying "I give up, I'll get healthy in the New Year!" There is no need to give up now! You can have your cake and eat it too! Make healthy choices through the holidays, and set yourself up for success with a post Thanksgiving cleanse before the Christmas and New Year's Craze begins.
Check out our cleanses and sign up today http://www.choicejuicery.com/cleanse/
Cheers to a Happy Healthy Thanksgiving!!
Check out our favorite Thanksgiving Dishes at the links below!